Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Maker

My whole life I've been a maker.

I make plans
Make progress
Make sense.

I make ends meet
Make a living
Can make a meal that will make you moan

With one hand, I hold up a household.  With the other, I run the world.
I.  Am.  Mighty.


You need something?
I can make a suggestion.
Make you laugh
Maybe even make your day.

When it needs to happen, I can make a move.
Make a decision.
Make changes.

I can organize, classify, and evaluate the options.
I.  Am.  Resourceful.

But let me make a point.
And please Make no mistake
I have found some things that I just can't make.

When I make an attempt to
Make those things happen,
I seem to always make a mess.

See, I can't make a heart open.
Can make time speed up.
Can't make anyone make room for me.

I can wish.  I can wait.  I can want.
None of that seems to make any difference.  I can make no excuse.
I.  Am.  Powerless.

So rather than making time,
Or playing at make believe,
I choose to make myself a promise.

I will make a resolution
To make myself some space
Not to make
But rather just
To be.




No comments:

Post a Comment