Friday, August 31, 2012

Sweat Therapy

This week sucked.  There are no two ways about it.  It was crazy busy and stressful.  There were a few bright spots - I got to reconnect with friends I hadn't seen in a while for one - but on the whole it was a terrible week.

Usually stressful stuff like this doesn't get me down, but as you may know, I was on a running hiatus this week.  While nursing my irritated IT band, I didn't get my normal morning runs in.  It had been 6 days since I'd worked up a proper sweat, and boy, that really took its toll.

I spent practically the entire week wallowing and so tonight, I decided it was time to get over myself.  I planned a pretty slow and easy run around the neighborhood, just in case I ran into trouble.  I laced up my brand new running shoes and off I went.

Now normally, I have a "Move Your Ass" playlist that I listen to on my runs, but tonight I just let my iPhone give me what it would.  Incidentally, my iPhone's name is Hermione - because she always has the answer.  Well, tonight Hermione was reading my mind.  Every song that came up seemed to be a message to my troubled mind.  Here's the playlist:
  1. Urgent - Foreigner
  2. Vertigo - U2
  3. I'm the Only One - Melissa Etheridge
  4. The First Cut Is the Deepest - Sheryl Crow
  5. Pictures of You - The Cure
  6. One Less Bell to Answer/A House is Not  a Home - Kristen Chenoweth and Matthew Morrison
  7. Julia - Chocolate Genius
  8. Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
  9. Heartache for Everyone - Indigo Girls

After that does of sweat therapy, I feel like I can tackle those things that have been plaguing my mind.  It feels so good to be back!  Now, if you'll excuse me - I need to go work my plan.




No comments:

Post a Comment