Wednesday, January 7, 2015

This Girl Is On Fire

It's a lovely 34 degrees here in beautiful Durham, NC.  In my defense, I didn't realize the temperature had dropped so much when I decided to go for a run.  And by the time I figured it out, I was all dressed.  And you KNOW, once you're dressed... you have to go.

Tonight's run was a short one - just 2.1 miles around the neighborhood.  That's fine by me, because it was [insert your favorite cliche about cold weather] here.  

On Today's Playlist:
Today was a shuffle play selection from my "Over It" playlist.
1. Good by Better than Ezra
2. It Ain't That Bad by Melissa Etheridge
3. Girl on Fire by Alicia Keyes
4. Dogs Days are Over by Florence + the Machine
5. Lose Yourself by Eminem
6. Take My Number by Melissa Etheridge



Featured Lyrics from Today's Playlist:

Looks like a girl, but she's aflame.

So bright, she can burn your eyes, better look the other way.
You can try, but you'll never forget her name
She on top of the world
Hottest of the hottest girls say...
-from Girl on Fire

On My Mind Today:
It's been a rough few weeks here, and I've definitely been struggling.  Like many people, when up against resistance and struggle, I often doubt myself.  I start to wonder Am I making the right decision?  Do I have the strength and wisdom to handle this?  And many times, I will hedge - try to play it safe and minimize my risks.

By now, I should know that never works.

So today, I took a big risk, put all my cards on the table, and laid it all on  the line.  I have know idea if the risk will pay off - and actually, whether it does or not kind of doesn't matter.  That's not the point at all.

By taking that risk, I placed a bet on me.  And THAT always pays out - big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment