Friday, April 22, 2011

Food! Glorious Food?

Not so much.  I got the go-ahead yesterday to start experimenting with "fork-tender" foods.  That is - foods that are soft enough to be mashed with a fork.  I was so excited!  I came right home and made an egg for myself.  I ate maybe - maybe - half of it before I lost interest.  This morning I tried again with a hard boiled egg white.  Blech.  I got about half of one side down, but couldn't make myself eat the rest.

Now, this is both exciting and distressing. It's distressing because I've always been a foodie.  I love good food - love cooking it, love trying new things, love reading about it, love the whole process!  Now, planning meals and eating them seems like a huge chore.  The exciting part is that I can't be a slave to something I don't desire.  And right now, there is not much about food that I desire.

In other news, I went to my first group session yesterday.  It was very exciting for me to compare notes with the other folks in my "cohort."  Some of us are going strong - exercising, following the plan and feeling great!  A few folks were struggling with low energy; I really felt for them, but couldn't relate.  I intend to ride this pony as far as it will take me.  The psychologist yesterday said that if you are ever going to "go for it," this first 12-18 months is the time to do it.  So I am going for it!

Today walk: cold and wet.
Perfect playlist though:
1. Become You - Indigo Girls
2. If It Makes You Happy - Sheryl Crow
3. Rent - Cast of Rent
4. Love is Free - Sheryl Crow
5. Drunk with the Thought of You - Sheryl Crow

2 comments:

  1. Looking at your playlists, I must ask: are you *sure* you're not a lesbian? ;)

    On another note, I am so proud of how you are doing post-surgery! I can't wait to see you in the (reduced) flesh, and best of luck with all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't be absolutely certain, but I'm pretty sure I'm not... That said, I've always counted "Lesbian Rock" as my favorite genre of music. :-)

    Thanks for your encouragement. I appreciate the support and the kind words.

    ReplyDelete