Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Monday - Up and At 'Em

So this morning, my eyes popped open at 4:45.  I did not set my alarm or anything, although the 3 year old elbowing me might have had something to do with it.  I went downstairs and spent about 30 minutes doing a Crunch Power Yoga Pilates something-or-other video, and then went into the kitchen.

Two things you should know before I continue.  Number 1:  I leave for work at 6:30AM.  That is walking out the door time.  Because of Number 1, we have Number 2: weekday breakfasts are usually an afterthought for me.  They are something to be picked up as I walk out the door (or more truthfully - picked up from McDonald's on the way to work.).  I love breakfast - eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, oatmeal, hashbrowns, pancakes, waffles, mmmmmm...  But those things don't work for a weekday morning on the run.

Keeping those in mind...  I decided to try my new immersion blender.  Everyone is always yammering on about how great smoothies are, so I decided to give it a try.  Frozen banana (which was a pain to peel!  Anyone have any good ideas on how to deal with that one??), a container of strawberry Greek yogurt (usually I hate yogurt; unless of course it is frozen with brownies, M&Ms and other things on it.), and a can of Protein Power vanilla shake.  My reasoning is that I'm going to have to drink that stuff for weeks after my surgery, so I better try it out now.  It was so yummy!  I'm excited.  And 6 WWP for the whole thing - which I actually divided into two servings.

But I digress.  This blog is not for the purpose of dissecting everything I eat and every exercise I do.  It's for delving into the issues that have been roadblocks for me in the past.  Usually the mornings have been difficult.  Could today be the start of a new trend??

No comments:

Post a Comment