Saturday, March 28, 2015

Lost and Found

February 1, 2015

I've have always been the finder of misplaced items: keys, socks, notebooks, bills. I'm the girl they go to when something important disappears. I close my eyes, and I can see exactly where it is. If it goes amiss, I bring it back again.

I'm very good at this, and I offer the service to others.  However, somewhere along the way, I lost something important. I lost myself.

Sadly, I had no idea it was even gone.

When I found you, I got lost in you so easily, that it didn't seem to matter. But you showed me, reminded me that something essential was missing. Initially, instead of searching for it, I just enjoyed being lost. And then, for a while, I looked to you to loan me that which I was missing.

That was kind of a disaster.

Turns out, you had lost yourself too. I - the finder of lost things - tried to help you locate it.  Unfortunately, that is a search you had to do yourself. So we started searching.  While the two of us were groping around, looking for what was missing, I lost you.

That was kind of devastating.

But something amazing has happened. While I was scratching around, trying to find a path back to you, I found something even better. I found myself. My strength. My direction. I found my voice. And my worth. And my courage. And my path.

What was lost now is found.

I hope you find what it is you were seeking. Even more, I hope somehow you find your way back to me. Because the best thing I can think of, besides finding myself, of course, is to find myself next to you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment